Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Little History

So this is my first "blog post."

I don't plan on this being a blog about my personal life, although I'll probably end up venting every now and then. I created From Behind the Lens as a blog about photography, but more specifically a blog about my own photography. Here's a little history about how I got started.

I started photography by accident. I applied to the Interlochen Arts Academy as a violin major three years ago, but I ended up having tendonitis both years I attended, so I didn't do much playing. I ended up buying a camera just to have, and I honestly don't know why I wanted one. But this past April (2010), someone asked if I wanted to take their senior photos, and I figured I'd take a stab at it.

I fell in LOVE with photography, and since then I've been addicted to taking photos. Now I take photos on a weekly basis, and it makes me feel a little empty when I miss a week. I know it sounds stupid, but photography is probably one of my best friends. I know I'm not the best, but it's more for myself than anyone else. I believe that as long as you're passionate about your art, it shouldn't matter how good you are. I plan on using From Behind the Lens as a way to motivate other people to give photography a try, and a place to find advice. I know it's intimidating to put your work out there at first, but its worth a shot.

Hope you enjoy my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment